Youth Dive Camp
Learn Scuba Chicago is pleased to announce our Youth Dive Camps!
Back again this year, the LSC Youth Open Water Scuba Camp aims to create a fun and accessible environment to certify young divers, develop dive skills, create confident leaders in the water, and build a sense of community with other divers. This one week long camp with not only cover basic dive skills, but also touch on underwater conservation, safety skills, and leadership. Camp participants will also have plenty of time to simply have fun and enjoy the challenges inherent to scuba diving! It’s so popular, we added a second whole open water camp this summer!
New in 2020, LSC is excited to announce our Advanced Open Water and Nitrox Youth Camp! For already open water certified divers, come expand your diving range and your skills with 2 more lifelong certs. You’ll be ready for new adventures such as deep diving, night diving, or how to best handle a multi-dive day. And parents, the most important skill behind all the training is how to be safe while diving in new environments!
Please contact us today with any questions or to reserve your spot(s)!
2020 Program Information
All elearning must be completed before the first confined water session.
NAUI Open Water Camps:
- Dates: June 22-28, 2020 or July 20-26, 2020
- Location: M-F Water’s Edge Aquatic Center in Bensenville, Sat/Sun at Haigh Quarry in Kankakee
- Time: M-F 9am-1pm, Sat/Sun 8am-2pm
- Ages: 10-17
- Prereqs: able to swim 200m nonstop and tread for 10mins
- Cost: $695*
- Includes: elearning code, pool sessions, 2 quarry entrances, mask, snorkel, neoprene socks, rental gear and air, tshirt
- Limited to 10 students each camp! Contact the shop with any questions or to register today.
*NEW!* NAUI Advanced Open Water and Nitrox Camp:
- Dates: August 17-23, 2020
- Location: M Learn Scuba Chicago shop on Fullerton, T-Th Water’s Edge Aquatic Center in Bensenville, F-Sun at Haigh Quarry in Kankakee
- Time: M-Th 9am-1pm, F-Sun 8am-2pm
- Ages: 12-17
- Prereqs: Open Water certification
- Cost: $695*
- Includes: elearning codes for both Advanced Open Water and Nitrox, pool sessions, 3 quarry entrances, fins, booties, slate, dive light, rental gear and air, tshirt
- Limited to 8 students! Contact the shop with any questions or to register today.
We recognize that scuba diving can be a costly activity, and we are committed to offering financial assistance to those who would otherwise not be able to join the program. Contact the shop for an application form. Submission deadline is April 1, 2020 for the June camp, May 1, 2020 for the July camp, and June 1, 2020 for the August camp.